Monday, July 16, 2012

Light Breaded Chicken and Cheese Broccoli Rice

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. While I didn't do to much this weekend, I did get invited for a really nice dinner and I got to bake! You can't go to someones house for dinner and not bring a dessert.  That will be shared later this week or maybe next week. Thankfully it wasn't that hot so turning on the oven wasn't so bad.

How is everyone surviving this heatwave? I've been trying to stay cool, but it is really hard especially when the air conditioning doesn't work where I work.  Does anybody else feel that the heat drains all the energy out of them? I don't feel like doing anything! I hate being lazy, but I really just want to lay around. Does anybody feel me?

Well lets talk about some food. For today I have an easy Chicken and Rice dinner. It's also light if your watching your waist line, but very fulfilling.  You bread the chicken, but instead of putting the chicken in flour than eggs than breadcrumbs, you skip the first too and use mustard. You can use any mustard, but for this one I used normal mustard.

With the rice, I cooked up brown rice with broccoli and light cheese. You mix the cheese in at the end after the liquid is fully evaporated from the rice. Its super simple and I hope you guys like it.

Here's how to do it.





Ingredients/recipe


Breaded Chicken

4 Skinless Chicken Breast, pounded thin
1/4 cup or more of Mustard of your choice
1 1/2 -2 Cups of Panko Breadcrumbs (or as much as needed)
Salt and pepper to taste

Cheese Broccoli and Brown Rice

4 servings of Brown Rice, Cooked according to package directions
2 cups of Broccoli
1 Cup of 2%  cheese or to taste

First preheat  your oven to 350. Prepare a baking pan with a cooling rack sitting on top, if you are able to do this. This will help so air circulates around the chicken breast making sure one sides doesn't get soggy. Make sure you spay the pan and rack with Pam.

Pound your chicken breast to thin cutlets if desired.  Place your mustard in a dish and your Panko breadcrumbs in another dish, add salt and pepper if desired.

Brush your chicken breast with the mustard. I find this the easiest way to make sure the breast is fully covered with mustard. Dip the chicken in the breadcrumbs, adding more if needed. Place the chicken on the cooling rack.

Once all the chicken has been breaded, place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes if you pounded them thin. Also if you want a really crisp crust place the chicken under the broiler for a seconds.

For the rice, I like to cook it in chicken broth, it gives it more flavor. Add the rice and broccoli. Once all the broth has evaporated, add the cheese and stir until melted.  If you want to add a little more cheese you can do whatever you like to taste.

I hope you guys try this. It really is simple and enjoy!!














No comments:

Post a Comment