Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year’s Resolutions and a Turkey Egg and Cheese Bake


Hello everyone! How’s it going? 

I was thinking today about being healthy, saving money, and New Year’s Resolutions. Have you made any Resolutions this year? I would like to say I did, but I really didn’t. In my mind I made a list of things I need to take care of such as; getting ready for taxes, cleaning my room, cutting coupons and many more. What I also planned on doing is practicing the piano again because I used to be very well at it. Many of the things I planned or thought about haven’t been done.

What about you? Are you following your New Year’s Resolutions or are you planning on getting things done that need to be taken care of?

A few other goals I am trying to set for myself are food goals. I want to bake more bread and learn how to decorate cakes. These are just some of my food goals that I hope to accomplish. 

So enough of goals and resolutions (and if you do have any stick to them, you  can do it!) let’s talk food.

How does a really good BLD sound? BLD if you don’t know is a Rachael Ray term for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. I saw this recipe in her Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine months ago and though it sounded delicious. It’s a Ham, Egg and Cheese bake. It is soo simple your kids can do it with a little help. This is a really nice breakfast and healthy. It has yummy English muffins on the bottom topped with ham, eggs and cheese. You cannot go wrong with that in my book. I made a few changes to make it slightly healthier but pretty much kept it the same. I really hope you guys try this one. 

This is right before you add the extra cheese, omg I could have eaten this than!




Ingredients/recipe
  • 4 to 6 whole wheat English muffins cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
  • 8 ounces sliced deli turkey, coarsely chopped
  • 2  cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1/2 cups milk
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
.

Directions:

1.      Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9 baking dish. Layer the English muffins on the bottom top with, ham, 1 ½ cups cheese and 2 tablespoons chives in the dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour into the dish and top with the tomato slices in an even layer.
2.      Bake the eggs until nearly set, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon chives on top and bake until golden.

I cannot tell you how much I love this dish and how good it is. It is also very changeable and you can do almost anything you want with it.

I hope you try this and like it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment