Friday, January 27, 2012

Computer Melt Down and Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie

What a week!! I apologize for the delay in posting but my computer crashed and I didn’t know what to do. Thankfully with a lot of prayer and messing around I was able to get  my computer up and running. I do not know what I did, but thankfully it is working. I thought I lost everything including all my food pictures. I would have really cried if that would have happened because it would be like starting over for me. Plus I have a ton of pictures of my family and friends that I would cry over to if I lost.

Anyways the computer seems to be working like nothing happened, but I am backing up files to my portable hard drive just in case. 

How was your week this week?

I have been craving/desiring/wanting to bake a chocolate cake with a rich buttercream frosting, but that has yet to happen. I have also jumped off my workout routine and really need to jump back into it. I hate to admit it, but I have been slacking on things that I should be taking care of.

I do have a pretty good, balanced meal and it involves a slow cooker! I love my slow cooker it was an amazing gift and I love to keep using it for many great dishes.

Tonight I have Chicken Pot Pie from The Rachael Ray Show. I adapted mine and I am soo excited to share it with everyone. I hope you try this one and enjoy!

I didn't get a great picture, but it was really good, plus I forgot to get picture with a bun lol.


Adapted from Rachael Ray
 Ingredients/Recipe
  • About 2 LB  boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces (i just bought a package that was on sale)
  • 1/2 cup flour plus 3 tablespoons (I used Whole Wheat Flour)
  • Salt and pepper
  • Pam
  • 1 Sweet Potato (you can use a white potato, or butternut squash)
  • 3 ribs of celery, chopped
  • 3 carrots, peeled and chopped i used baby carrots just chopped up
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  •  1 can of chicken stock + one cup of water
  • 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or use regular mustard thats what i did)
  • a few pinches of dried thyme
  • a few pinches of dried dill
  • 1 cup of frozen peas
  • 4 store-bought biscuits


Chop your chicken into bit sized pieces. Put them in flour and lightly coat them. Using Pam, spray a skillet and lightly brown the chicken about 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and all your veggies to the crockpot. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in some dried thyme. Add your can of chicken stock plus 1 cup of water.

Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. Once done, add in 1 cup of frozen peas and the 2 tablespoons of mustard and stir. Also sprinkle in some dried dill (just a few pinches) if you like. Let this heat through and cook your biscuits or rolls, place in bowls and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment