Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Middle of the Week Chicken Dinner-Chicken Saltimbocca


Hello everyone! How is it going?  I'm hungry lol. I am always hungry to be honest. I LOVE food. I know I show you guys a lot of food (or try to), but I love talking about it, showing you guys and hoping you guys try and enjoy these foods. This is one reason why I wanted to blog. I can talk about food all I want and hopefully someone out there is enjoying reading or making this food. I also want to invite you guys to please comment if you want to start a conversation. I would love hearing from you. You can write on this page or on my Facebook page. 

Now to the food. First let me say I will talk more about my holiday extravaganza this Friday. I wanted to show you guys  a great and tasty chicken dinner. Its great to add more chicken recipes to your collection. Now first I know this recipe calls for prosciutto di Parma. It can be expensive, well seem like it is expensive. When I went to the store to get it, it was 7.99 a pound. I almost died.  I really wanted to make this dish so I decided to go with it. I asked for 12 slices cut extremely thin. My total only came to $1.12! So don’t be worried when you see the price of this. I also skipped on the sage leaves because the  price was a little higher than what I wanted to spend.  I served this up with my corn chowder pasta. It was very good, and I loved the flavor that the prosciutto gave to it. Its almost like having bacon wrapped chicken breast, but this is better. It did splatter a little bit so please be careful. 

Wrapped, dredged in flour and ready to go.

Please be careful, it does splatter

Serve with Pasta if you like

Chicken Saltimbocca



Chicken breast cutlets pounded to 1/8-inch thick
Salt and pepper
12 very thin slices prosciutto di Parma
Whole Wheat Flour, for dredging(you can use white flour no biggie)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided

Season the chicken pieces very lightly with salt and evenly with finely ground pepper on both sides. Cover the chicken carefully with prosciutto.I wrapped one side. You don't have to do both depending on the size of your chicken. Mine were smaller pieces of chicken breast.

Lightly dredge the cutlets in flour, and then heat 2 tablespoons EVOO in a large pan over medium heat. Once the EVOO is hot, cook four cutlets a couple of minutes on each side to light golden. Place the cutlets on the warm platter and cover loosely with foil. Wipe the pan, add the remaining 2 tablespoons EVOO and and cook the remaining chicken.

Once all your chicken is done, serve up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment