Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Messing with Black Magic...Not really...Halloween Cupcakes

Hello everyone! I am so angry this morning. Well I should say I am still angry from this Sunday. I like to get the Sunday paper for coupons and I went to two different stores and neither of the papers had them! My roommates parents also came to visit and brought him papers and there was none in those either!

I know it seems a little crazy to get coupons, but you would not believe all the stuff I "bought" for free.

I don't stockpile like you see on extreme couponing but getting stuff for free is amazing.

I also have a big announcement so stay turned to that. For now I want to share this recipe I found on one of my favorite blogs Gingerbread Bagels.

I heard about this recipe over a year ago from a co-worker who told me I have to this recipe. Well a year later i stumbled across it on Gingerbread Bagels and knew I had to try it, plus it helped that my roommate needed to bring something for a potluck. It was fun all morning updating my facebook status "messing with Black Magic."

I was afraid to make these at first because it uses a freshly brewed strong up of coffee, but the chocolate flavor it brings is amazing! If you are worried about a coffee taste don't because there is none.  This has to be my favorite chocolate cake recipe. The cupcakes were moist and had a nice crumb.The surprise filling also adds another surprise and enjoyment out of these.

I used a normal white frosting but you can tint yours orange for Halloween I wont look...ok maybe peeking lol.
My first time piping a frosting on a cupcakes

Yummy Moist Cream Filling


Please check out the Gingerbread Bagels for step by step photos and instructions


Black Magic Cream Filled Cupcakes From Gingerbread Bagels

Here is a recipe for a normal vanilla Buttercream Frosting which I used.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream

Directions

In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.




Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment