Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two Ingredient Ice Cream and NO Machine!


So how is everyone so far this week??? My week as been an interesting one to say the least.  Mainly at work due to a poorly written schedule and managers not making good decisions. 

I do have something for you that will make your week.  Two Ingredient Ice cream with no ice cream machine.  

Go ahead and read that line again. I can wait. 

Yes you did read that right. Two Ingredient Ice Cream with no ice cream machine.  You must think I am joking or lying.  Nope.  Why would I do that to you? 

I saw this recipe last week before I left on my road trip and I thought this recipe was so perfect because I have been looking into buying an attachment for my kitchen aid machine to make ice cream. I decided I had to try this before I ran out and use my Bed, Bath and Beyond gift cards on the attachment.  I was actually saving this recipe but I saw this on one of my favorite blogs yesterday and decided I better share this with you guys before this becomes the next craze. 

So when I saw this the possibilities of what I could throw in it were endless.  I still had quite a bit of No Bake Cookies left that I made last week, so before I ran out and bought ingredients I decided these would be a perfect mix in. 

Ok I am sure you are ready for the recipe.  Here it goes. All you need is 1 pint of Heavy Whipping Cream and one 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.  

Yep that’s it. What you add is your choice and I guess it is not so much two ingredients when you add your mix-ins even if you decide to throw anything in.  If you want just a basic vanilla just add in two tablespoons of vanilla (according to Eagles brand website).

It was very easy to make, and it only takes about 10 minutes. I was worried about how it would taste but it came out very rich and creamy and who could go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter?! No need for that attachment now.  I am becoming ice cream obsessed lol. I have so many things I want to do with this and I can’t wait to show you I am not ready for the holidays but they are just calling my name for this).

Let me know if you try it and what you think. Enjoy!




Look at that goodness!

Ok ok not the best picture, but scroll down
 
Recipe adapted from I am Baker originally from Kevin &Amanda. You can also find the recipe here on Eagle brand website.

Two Ingredient Ice Cream
  • 2 Cups (1 pts) Whipping Cream (original recipe uses Heavy Whipping Cream)
  • 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 2 Cups of Chopped No Bake Cookies
Place your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about an hour before making this. You want them nice and cold. Also make sure the Whipping Cream is also right out of the refrigerator. These ingredients have to be cold to ensure nice peaks.

Mix 1 can of Sweetened condensed milk with the vanilla and your chopped cookies. Set aside. Pour your whipping cream into your mixing bowl and slowly start mixing. Keep increasing the speed and mix until stiff peaks form. (This is your basic whipping cream. If you have never made homemade whipping cream do it! It is super simple and so much better than the canned or plastic container stuff)

When you have stiff peaks carefully add some of the whipped cream to the condensed milk mixture and fold in. Do not stir. Keep adding your whipping cream until it is all combined.  Pour into a tightly sealed container and freeze for 6 hours.  When ready take out and enjoy!

****You can whip heavy cream with a normal hand held beaters.  Just make sure your bowl and beaters are very cold and follow the same directions.
Ok a little over board but so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment